There are two types of transit visas: single and double-entry. A single-entry transit visa limits a foreigner to one entry while a double-entry visa allows 2 entries (i.e. first entry during the onward sector and second entry during the return sector) into Japan. A transit visa, however, limits each entry to a maximum stay of 15 days. Thus, to stay beyond 15 days a traveler should instead apply for a Visitor visa.
For passengers (regardless of nationality) who are transiting in Japan for immediate flight connections, and not requiring to go through immigration clearance, a visa is not required.
However, in the case of passengers with over-night flight connections wishing to leave the airport for rest and sight-seeing, a transit visa is still required, The following requirements will apply.
LIST OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Completed, Printed out Visa Application Form. The form can be filled in online only, amendments by hand are not allowed. To complete application, please, use the following link: visa application form. Please note, that Professional specialists of Connection Plus Visa will fill in and print out the application form for you, if assistance is needed. This service will help you to significantly save time and avoid mistakes, during submission of the visa application (extra charge will be applied).
- Original and copy of passport with 6 months' validity beyond the validity of the visa. Minimum two blank pages should be available for stamping the visa;
- Original and a copy of a NRIC/EP/DP/Social Visit Pass/Work Permit/Student Pass;
- Recent passport-size colour photo (4.5 cm x 4.5 cm) on a white background;
- Authorisation letter (follow the link to download Authorization letter form);
- Documents showing the itinerary including air ticket booking record (round trip)
- Bank statement for the last month (minimum amount required for a visa application is 3,000 SGD);
- Filled in form (please, use the following link. In PDF format, may be filled in by hand) Connection Plus Visa Order
IMPORTANT NOTE! Please be aware, that all applications are processed individually. Some applications may require further assistance. Thus, it is highly recommended to consult with Connection Plus Visa Center Specialist to save time and avoid mistakes, during submission of your visa application.